WHO WE ARE
Brother Trent Patrick, II - Basileus
Brother Tariq Lawler, Jr. - 1st Vice Basileus
Brother Anthony Dunn - Keeper of Records & Seal
Brother Derrick McCoy, Jr. - Keeper of Finance
Brother Vances Russell - Chaplin
Brother Vances Russell - Keeper of Peace
On February 6, 1914, Brothers Oscar James Cooper, William Griffith Brannon and John M. McMorries were dispatched to Lincoln University to establish BETA Chapter despite the faculty's restriction on expansion.
Mrs. Charlotte T. Wilson, better known as "Lottie B." Wilson, who had become familiarized with these men and their intentions, aided them in their quest. She opened her humble home to them and that same evening, BETA Chapter with the induction of 20 charter members was established.
From that memorable evening to the present, BETA Chapter has been known as the "First Stepping Stone of Omega's Expansion." As the Fraternity flourished as a whole, so did BETA Chapter in its own ways.
On the evening of November 17, 1911, Omega Psi Phi was founded inside the Science Building (later renamed Thirkield Hall) at Howard University located in Washington, D.C. The founders were three undergraduates — Edgar Amos Love, Oscar James Cooper and Frank Coleman. Joining them was their faculty adviser, Ernest Everett Just.
From the initials of the Greek phrase meaning, “friendship is essential to the soul“, the name Omega Psi Phi was derived. That phrase was selected as the motto.
Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance and Uplift were adopted as Cardinal Principles.
"May it be stated whatever and wherever Omega may go, let there be assurance, Beta Chapter, in the presence of Almighty God, will forever strive to be men, promote efforts of uplift, persevere to be scholars and maintain integrity, justice, and virtue."
F.P. Stewart, Basileus
R.J. Crawford, Keeper of Records & Seals