On February 6, 1914, Brothers Oscar James Cooper, William Griffith Brannon and John M. McMorries were dispatched to Lincoln University to establish BETA Chapter despite the faculty's restriction on expansion.
Mrs. Charlotte N. Wilson, better known as "Lottie B." Wilson, who had become familiarized with these men and their intentions, aided them in their quest. She opened her humble home to them and that same evening, BETA Chapter with the induction of 20 charter members was established.
From that memorable evening to the present, BETA Chapter has been known as the "First Stepping Stone of Omega's Expansion." As the Fraternity flourished as a whole, so did BETA Chapter in its own ways.